Although not required, it is highly recommended that a construction firm develop a Drug and Alcohol ‘non-tolerance’ policy.
- All companies who have drivers operating a commercial motor vehicle must follow D.O.T. regulations regardless of other policies or testing done
- Union companies can follow the union guidelines or work with the union to develop their own
- Non-union companies should set a reasonable policy that might include
- Testing – when, how often, where and how
- Test result procedure
- What action will be taken if employee tests positive
*Consult your Third Party Administrator (TPA)
*Some jobs may require that your plan meets DOT Standards.