This program is needed only if you work in a landfill area or an area defined as a hazmat area and will be designed to identify, evaluate and control safety and health hazards and provide for emergency response for hazardous waste operations.
- Write a brief introduction that establishes the specific chain of command and overall responsibilities of personnel.
- Develop a work plan which addresses the anticipated tasks and objectives of site operations and the logistics and resources required to reach those tasks and objectives.
- Requires the full time presence of a designated Site Safety Person who possesses a current Haz Mat Supervisors Card.
- Standard Safety & Health Practices & Site Specific. (Note – site specific need not repeat any of the Standard Safety & Health Practices as outlined in the contractors general safety program.) The site specific must address the safety and health hazards of each phase of site operation and include the requirements and procedures for employee protection.
- Identify the training requirements for employees including but not limited to:
- Line of responsibility / communications
- Safe work practices to minimize exposure
- Clothing & Equipment
- Monitoring & Equipment
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Medical Surveillance
- Confined Space Awareness and Training
- Note – Under certain conditions, formal training of the employee in a registered Hazmat Program may be required (see WAC 62.300.3040)
Hazardous Waste Operations regulations are found in WAC 62.300 Part P